Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Treasures in Black and White

Yes, I feel like I have been a little out of touch with the blog world and my blog friends as of late. I never expected to be absent for so long either. My sister gently reminded me how long it had been since me last post......Ooops! Well with the magic of the Olympics a distant memory, kid parties over with,and sick children now back at school I am finally feeling like I can get back to normal life. Yay!
I have not had the time to sew, decorate, or hunt for treasures, but I have made time to sort. and organize and that always feels good.
I have been scanning some old photos for my Father-in-law and in so doing have found a few sweet little treasures worth sharing. (Nichole if you see these keep it a secret from your Hubby as there maybe some forthcoming gifts for family members.)

Here are a few of my favorites.......
How much more Canadian could you get?

Love the old wooden sidewalks and the child's wagon that says :Artillery Car" on the side!

I think this one has to be my favorite.
Who didn't play "wedding" just once when they were a kid?
It looks like something right out of "Little Rascals".

Flowers for sale.

Love the lazy days of summer!
We were happy to find this photo!
The family members in this photo traveled half way across the country in the car above.
The picture was taken in Stanley Park in Vancouver (the "Central Park" of our city).
Some engineers are doing everything they can to preserve this old tree
... here is what it looks like today.

Sad to compare the two photos.



1 comment:

  1. Hurray! You've come back to blogland! Love old photos....my gram has lots, but she still fingers thru them every day. I don't want to take them even to scan because they are so precious to her, and she doesn't understand that they won't be damaged.

    Come see my new blog makeover....got some new buttons too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails