Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Visit to Funky Junk Interiors

If you don't know Donna from Funky Junk Interiors yet you really must check her out!
When I began blogging, Donna's blog was one of the first I found and the first one that I decided to follow, and it has remained a favourite for me. I'm sure we all have blogs that excite us - well her blog has always done it for me.
So when Donna put the invite out for all of us locals to drop by her home during her Spring open house I was on it. She actually participated in a similar tour at Christmas time, but truth be told I was a little afraid to show up for fear of appear stalker-ish! This was different though as I now had an invitation!

I gathered up my sister and off we went on a road trip to Donna's place. But as we made our way out to her place I started to get a little nervous. Before I had kids I worked in the film industry in the costume department and had met a lot of celebrities. I had romanticized what they might be like and some sadly turned out to be nothing like what I had envisioned. I could never really look at them the same way again. I didn't want this to happen to the way I felt about Donna. I have always admired Donna's creativity and how she speaks so honestly and from the heart. I am happy to say that Donna is every bit as lovable in person as she is in her blog - very warm, hospitable and funny too. She did not disappoint.

We had a wonderful visit which really didn't last long enough.
She was nice enough to put on her now famous mac jacket just to humour me.

Click here to see Donna's post about our visit.


This bedroom is my absolute favourite.
The colour palette, texture, chippy wood door, the garden gate, ladder, everything about this room is perfectly put together and there just couldn't be a more calming,
or comfortable place to rest.
If you can believe it this "White Trash Bedroom" as Donna calls it,
is even more stunning in person.

After re-reading this post through I realize that I sound a little gushy and perhaps a little star struck, oh well! Go visit Funky Junk Interiors and I'll know why!

6 comments:

  1. You star struck?!? I thought it was the other way around my friend!

    Oh I was so excited to finally meet you! How crazy we live in such a close proximity and never get together!

    Thanks so much for the great visit! It was WAY too short but at least we can most certainly do it again. Right?!?!?

    Donna xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!
    It's always great to meet fellow bloggers, isn't it? I've found them to be some of the absolute nicest folks out there.

    Happy Wednesday!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely blog you have, so glad to have found you! Have a great day friend...
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky duck! Now you both need to road trip down to INDIANA and visit me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Donna's post and found myself wishing I'd had the time to drive out there... but how fantastic that you did?! I enjoyed reading your take on the visit. Looking forward to meeting you myself!
    Victoria @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Catherine,
    Im your newest follower (purehunnybee) and love your blog already!
    And I agree Donna is amazing..that "white trash" bedroom (I feel funny even saying that! lol ) is one of the nicest bedrooms I've ever laid my eyes on!!! Sooooo creative..every last inch of it!!!!

    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails