Saturday, December 19, 2009

Handmade Stockings and A New Way to Hang Them

I'm linking up with Donna"s Saturday Night Special Click below to see lots or creative and inspiring stuff.

satnitenew150w.jpg
I made these stockings a few years ago out of two differently textured upholstery cottons. Then I found these cute little rusty ornaments at Michael's for $.99 and tied a different one on to each stocking so everyone knows who's is who's.

I got this idea from my brother and cannot take the credit, but I love this idea, it is simple and it is worth sharing.
I never wanted to place those stocking holders on my mantle for fear that an innocent toddler might get hit on the head by a cast iron object or crack a hearth tile or damage my wood floors. So every year I actually place nails in my mantle and then touch up in the new year - if I get to it.



I've been working on some new stockings for this year - out of sweaters of course! My to do list was just too long and sadly they all didn't get done - but I thought I'd show them to you anyhow.





Thanks for hosting Donna!
And Merry Christmas.

6 comments:

  1. The stockings are adorable and the curtain rod hanger is brilliant! I hung my stockings vertically on a pair of antique skis this year due to my two toddlers.. I was really nervous about them pulling the weighted holders down on their heads. This would be a great solution! Just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Whooo!!! And of course I love all the stocking you made. I don't know if I'll ever attempt stockings again after this year's fiasco, but if I ever do, I will used felted sweaters. The white cotton upholstery stockings are completely gorgeous too, though...the ornament identification is awesome. I just love your style Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love those!! Hanging them from a curtain rod is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I guess I'm not the only one with stocking hanger issues. I saw your post on Funky Junky Interiors. I had the same issue but took a different approach. I like this idea, though. It also gets me thinking about using a rod with those tabs for drying artwork... hmmm...
    Thanks for the great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your stockings with the little rusty ornaments. And, the curtain rod is just great!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! We don't have toddlers, but I've still been looking for a solution like this :) Now, I just need to talk my hubby into drilling some holes in the stone... ours isn't wood :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails