Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dumpster Diving - It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it!


Here is a photo of where I went today. (Don't ask me to tell you where this place is as I have been asked not to reveal my sources. Sorry.) It is an amazing operation and a whole other world, one that I never knew existed. I find it completely fascinating. This place takes our old and unwanted pieces of clothing, ones that can't be sold in the thrift stores due to poor condition, dirty, out of style, etc. Once they receive these items they sort them, grade them, and then sell them by the pound to countries all over the world. I would absolutely love to hang out here ever single day and just pick through these old and unwanted clothing items and linens searching for gems. I had the great pleasure of sifting through two big giant dumpster size boxes of old wool sweaters. What I took home are by no means perfect sweaters, but to me, and for my purposes, they are. It's a dirty job, but it is the thrill of the hunt that I love. I can see potential in each and every one. Decision making can be tough! It is a Garage Saler's dream come true. So many sweaters so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails