Thursday, September 24, 2009

Finally!! It's done!!!

Finally the sweater quilt is finished.


It is the first and perhaps the only one I may ever make - at least using this method that is. The quilt is backed with quilters flannel and there is a thin layer or warm and scrumptious batting in the middle. The whole quilt was then quilted by hand - that was the time consuming part. I now am keenly aware of the reason why thimbles were invented.


If you don't mind me saying so I am super pleased with the way this turned out.
So thankful it is done....
and so happy to move on to something new!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! It looks so cosy, and the soft colours are pretty. It'll probably keep several generations warm.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails